Montana hunters recover from CO poisoning

November 10, 2010 by  
Filed under Trail Boss News

Images-1 This is why we talk about living 3 mins without oxygen in the rule of threes  http://shilohtv.com/?p=7638 Two western Montana hunters found unconscious after a propane heater leaked carbon monoxide into the tent where they slept have been released from a Utah hospital, while a third is listed in satisfactory condition. Five teenaged boys sleeping in a separate tent are being credited with saving the men’s lives by pulling them from the tent, clearing their air passages and calling for help. Montana Standard.

Garbage bag saved lost Central Washington hiker

October 29, 2010 by  
Filed under Trail Boss News

AP-A Tacoma woman who became lost Saturday on a day hike near Lake Ingalls in Central Washington survived three nights in the snow by wrapping herself in a plastic trash bag. Kittitas County Undersheriff Clayton Myers also says 50-year-old Natalya Manko wisely decided to return to the site where she lost her way, after failing to find a way out.   Following her tracks in the snow, a helicopter crew found her Tuesday on the north side of Stuart Pass. She was treated for frostbite and hypothermia at Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.